Buying Your First Home or Your Next Property
Let me help you every step of the way.
When purchasing a home, you are faced with a multitude of decisions! The primary one is whether you are actually prepared to purchase a home. Locating the perfect home is not always an easy task, and obtaining a mortgage can be a complex and tiring process. Although, once you have determined that you are ready to move forward with the required effort towards your home-
purchasing goal, the rewards are unquestionable.
I will work hard to make the process of purchasing a home easier, more enjoyable, less time consuming, and less expensive than if you undertook this challenge on your own. I will help you prepare so that sellers perceive you as a preferred buyer, help you locate and assess properties for sale that match your specifications, and help you through the myriads of details associated with the actual purchase.
I am always familiar with the current homes on the market, and I know neighborhood values well, so I can help you determine which properties are fairly-priced and in good condition before you start your search.
Your First Step
Your first step to buying a home is to first ask yourself why you want to buy a home:
- To stop paying rent
- To start building equity?
- To have a place of your own?
- To raise a family?
- To entertain friends, family, business associates?
- To move up to a bigger house?
- To ‘right-size’ into something that’s more accessible and easier to maintain?
Next, list what kind of home you would like and where you would like to be.
Be specific. Separate your ‘needs and wants’ into "must haves" and "wants to haves". Think of yourself as zeroing in on a target, going from the general to the specific.
- Consider area (city, rural, suburban neighborhood); community (Peninsula, Westshore,
- Downtown Core, Oak Bay, Saanich East, Saanich West, Cordova Bay, Sidney, etc);
- Neighborhood (older and settled or sparkling new; a particular school zone; recreational facilities; and other community services such as transportation, day care, library, stores, entertainment).
- Do you want to be able to walk to amenities? Is proximity to transit important to you? Ask yourself how many minutes you are willing to commute to work.
- Think about home styles. How much space do you need? Does your situation require a one-level home, or are stairs acceptable? Consider size and kind of property. Do you want a newer home, or maybe an older one to fix up?
- Someday you or your heirs will want to sell. Consider how long you expect to live in this particular home.
Your Next Step: Loan Pre-Qualification
Once you have addressed the above needs, your next step in the purchasing process is
to get pre-qualified with a mortgage company. This can be done over the phone or even
online in a matter of minutes.
Call me and I will refer you to one or two mortgage brokers that have an excellent
reputation and track records of successfully acquiring loan approvals for their clients.
I Will Find The Right Homes For You
Once you've been pre-qualified and know what price range you want to stay in, I can
help you determine which properties fit your needs by using the (MLS) Multiple Listing
Service system to locate them.
I have the best possible resources and communication systems available today to help
you locate the homes on the market that match your specifications. You can even
search listings here at my website.
I Will Help You Every Step Of The Way
I will help you complete your financing and building inspections, and close on the
transaction. My top priority is to make sure that your home buying experience is
pleasant, cost-efficient, seamless and successful!